1934 Lincoln KA 522-A 2/4 Passenger Rumble Seat
ST. LOUIS CAR MUSEUM & SALES
Saint Louis, MO 63301
Introduced in 1931 to replace Lincolns aging Leland-era Model L, the Model K made quite a splash almost immediately! With new styling came increased sales and the revised 385ci V8 was among the smoothest, most powerful and largest engines that money could buy. For its sophomore year, the K-Series Lincolns split into two distinct subcategories: the KA, powered by last years V8 and riding on a 136'' wheelbase, and the new flagship KB, powered by an all-new Lincoln/Ford 382ci V12 and riding on an extended 145'' wheelbase. In 1934, the V12 was enlarged to 414ci and became the standard engine across the entire Model K line-up, which now distinguished KA and KB by wheelbase. 1934 Lincolns arrived with fresh sheet metal that bore resemblance to the 1934 Ford, only on a larger and more extravagant scale. Production totaled only 2,149 cars and was primarily limited to those requiring not only transportation but also a vehicle that made a statement. These cars remain incredibly collectible today for their clean lines, driving experience and their V12 heart, which to this day could be argued as one of Americas best pre-war examples!
We are excited to offer this Lincoln Model KA 522-A 3-Window 2/4 Passenger Rumble Seat Coupe! This particular example is finished in Black with a cashmere pinstripe over Tan mohair interior with hand-laid burled hardwood on the doors and dash. With coachwork designed by Dietrich and built by Murray, this car is also equipped with a rear-mount spare, further adding to the cars long, sweeping silhouette! Showing only 49,881 original miles and powered by its original numbers matching V12 (date stamped 10/19/33) with correct Bohnalite 29-stud aluminum heads, Stromberg EE-22 downdraft carburetor and three-speed floor-shift manual transmission (date stamped 11/24/33), it goes without saying that the driver should expect effortless torque and silky smooth gear changes.
With 49,881 documented miles on the odometer, this KA has known long-term ownership since new! According to documentation, the car was ordered in December of 1933 and delivered in sunny Pasadena, California to Vito Josephi Cimmarusti of Glendale in February 1934. They owned the vehicle until 1990 and it was serviced the last 30 years with family friend Sarge Schreiber, who would be the next owner to claim ownership rights when he purchased it with only 41,000 miles. It would go on to have several other owners (counting five in total) until arriving here in St. Louis. The Grand Lady has been consistently owned by Lincoln Owners Club members and has been shown extensively, taking home several best-in-class awards, most recently at the 2014 Western National Meet in Tacoma, Washington, where it received a sizable trophy for winning Best Primary Division honors (1921-1940 model years). The car is said to have been restored by Dick Scritchfield of Burbank, California some time ago and the single stage enamel paint can almost assure that it has been the better part of several decades since completion.