Commissioned by Carroll Shelby, the CSX 4000 Continuation Series was everything the legendary 427 Cobras are and more.
border-box;>* Garage kept entire lifetime
* MSO issued and signed by Carroll Shelby in December 1997
* Shelby aluminum 427 CI engine block
* Tremec 600 5-speed manual transmission
* Edelbrock Competition heads, 9.5:1 compression
* Edelbrock intake dual plane roller camshaft
* 550 rear wheel HP at 6,000 RPM
* 600 ft/lbs of torque at 4,000 RPM
* 4-wheel independent suspension with dual A-Arms and coilover shocks
* Shelby aluminum differential housing
* Dana 44 gears with 3.54 differential ratio
* High strength fiberglass composite body and aluminum undercarriage
* Original Cobra frame configuration with 4-inch round tube main rails
* 15-inch wood rim steering wheel
* Rack and pinion steering, Baer brakes
* Trigo 6-pin knock-off wheels with Halibrand knock-off's
* 23 gallon fuel cell, battery in trunk
* Mechanical and electric fuel pumps
* Smith's gauges, speedometer, tachometer, oil pressure, oil temperature and water temperature
* Adjustable rev limiter
* Headers and side pipes
This Shelby Cobra is a CSX4000 Series continuation model finished in Guardsman Blue with white stripes. The 5-digit odometer indicates just over 10,500 miles.
Power comes from a Ford 427ci side-oiler V8 features an aluminum block, 9:5:1 cylinder heads, a dual-plane intake manifold, Edelbrock cam, Holley 3310 carburetor, and an oil cooler. Power is sent to the rear wheels through a Tremec 5-speed manual transmission.
The fiberglass body is finished in Guardsman Blue, an original Cobra color, and the car also features an aluminum underbody along with an original-style frame and white racing stripes. This car has a Shelby aluminum differential housing, and 4-wheel independent suspension with dual A-arm and coilover shocks. The battery is mounted in trunk, and a 23-gallon fuel cell is fitted. The side pipes, roll hoop, and quick-jack bumpers are chromed. The 15? Trigo pin-drive wheels measure 8? in width up front and 10.5? out back. They are wrapped in Goodyear Eagle Sport Car Special tires.
Black leather seats are equipped with a Simpson 5-point harness for the driver and a lap belt for the passenger. This car was optioned without a glove box, door pockets, or heater. A fire extinguisher and kill switch are located behind the seats, and black floor mats protect the carpet. A 15? wooden-rimmed steering wheel with Cobra center cap is present, and the speedometer, tachometer, water temperature, and fuel pressure gauge are from Smiths. The amp gauge is a Lucas unit, and an aftermarket fuel gauge is mounted below the dash.
Shelby American Inc. built approximately 650 CSX4000 continuation Cobras between 1997 and 2009, making CSX4065 one of the earliest examples.
Shown by appointment only-